September 13, 2017 – Educational Workshop
SAVE THE DATE
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
4:15 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.
Directly before the Business Partner Exposition
Key Presenter: Sarah Clark, CLM — ALA’s CREATING A CULTURALLY COMPETENT LAW FIRM
Cultural competence is an awareness of the cultural differences that makes each person unique; it is the ability to interact with and appreciate belief systems that differ from our own, thereby creating a way for everyone to work cross culturally.
The goal of this presentation is to enhance knowledge and skills for building and maintaining a multicultural organization and becoming positive change agents for our workplaces.. This program asks participants to understand and reflect on their role as a leader responsible for promoting inclusion and building successful and effective working relationships within our organizations.
- Define diversity and culture and its impact on relationships within our organizations.
- Recognize our unconscious biases and how they impact our culture and hiring decisions.
- Understand the importance of collaborative working relationships with diverse others and the benefits of diverse perspectives in problem-solving.
- Recognize the importance of infusing diversity into our organizations to achieve a more productive, respectful and cooperative work environment.
- Develop a plan of action for becoming a change agent for diversity in our companies and community.
THIS EVENT IS OPEN TO NJALA MEMBERS AND GUEST ONLY.