ABOUT JOB POSTINGS
Job postings are complimentary for members of the NJALA. The charge for non-member firms is $250.00. Payment in advance is required for non-member firms and the check should be sent to the Secretary directly. Job descriptions should be limited to 200 words or less and should be submitted by e-mail as an attached Word document. While we try to post openings as soon as possible, they may take several days to get posted.
If you have a listing to add, please email it to the Secretary and he/she will send the posting to the NJALA member list and forward it to the Webmaster for posting on the Website. Please check the Officer listing on the Website for the persons currently holding these positions.
Director of Human Resources – Posted June 2017
Description of position: Weiner Law Group in Parsippany, NJ is seeking a candidate with 3-plus years of management experience at a small to mid-sized law firm. The candidate we select will have superior organizational skills and the ability to work well with our Administrative Team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Payroll, HR and Benefits coordination
• Hire, review and supervise the support staff
• Onboarding duties for new attorneys
• Coordinate Lexis and Westlaw programs/software for the firm
• Oversee the facilities and/or maintenance of the firm’s building
• Maintain adherence to company policies, practices, and procedures
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
To be considered for this full-time position, please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Principals only; no agencies need respond to our ad.
Accounting Manager – Posted June 2017
The West Orange, New Jersey office of Trenk DiPasquale, Della Fera & Sodono, P.C. has an immediate opening for an experienced accounting manager.
Description of position: The firm is seeking a candidate with 10 plus years of accounting experience primarily with small businesses, specifically law firms. This person is expected to have superior organizational skills in order to supervise the accounting operations for the law firm.
• Manage the processes required to provide accurate and timely financial reporting to the partners
• Direct and/or perform A/P, A/R, Payroll, HR, Tax (deposits and reporting) functions, and managing accounting office staff
• Maintain adherence to company policies, practices, and procedures
• Review processes to insure proper checks and balances of the Accounting Department
• Conduct all banking functions including the monthly reconciliation of all accounts.
• Supervise and maintain controls
Required experience and skills:
• Accounting: 10 years
• Prior law firm experience (preferred)
• LMS (preferred)
• TAME (preferred)
• Netdocs (preferred)
Required license or certification: CPA (preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
To be considered for this full time position, please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. No telephone calls. Principals only.
Legal Administrator – Posted May 2017
Summary of Responsibilities: Manages the business functions as well as the overall administration and operations of a family law firm in Hackensack. Reports to the managing partner/owner of the firm. Assumes general responsibility for facilities management, financial planning and controls, personnel management and administration, and IT when needed. The legal administrator identifies and plans for the changing needs of the organization, shares responsibility with the owner for strategic planning, practice management and marketing, and contributes to the cost effective management throughout the organization.
Specific Job Duties Include:
• Participate in strategic and business planning
• Implement, update, and oversee office policy and procedures
• Extensive vendor research & negotiations
• Manage/develop the administrative staff to ensure high quality administrative support
• Supervise workflow and daily coverage for administrative staff
• Provide employee services including Benefits administration, Personnel management Including attendance and performance oversight
• Monitor, record and report continuing legal education (CLE) credits to ensure compliance with state bar requirements for attorneys
• Administer all professional memberships and liability insurance requirements
• Assist with recruiting, hiring, and orientation of new staff members
• Scheduling and maintaining owners business conferences, speaking engagements
• Oversee facilities/office maintenance, including IT services
• Manage all office support services (reception, mail distribution, fax, and copier)
• Purchase office supplies and furniture
• Manage monthly bill paying
• Assist Owner in closing cases
• Misc. other projects assigned by owner
• Up to ½ time as backup for phones & administrative work for Receptionist & Legal Assistant.
Education & Experience: MUST have prior experience specifically in a law firm as legal administrator for at least 2+ years. Strong communication skills, decisiveness, and analytical/problem solving skills. At least a Bachelor’s degree preferred. Certified Legal Administrator/Manager designation ideal.
Salary/Benefits: Competitive DOE.
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions will be held in the strictest of confidence. Also, please spell your name backwards in the body of your email.
*DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE QUALIFICATIONS LISTED HERE.
Business Manager – Posted April 2017
Reed Smith, one of the largest law firms in the world, is seeking a Business Manager for our Princeton NJ office of approximately 45 attorneys and 30 support staff. This position is responsible for overall office management, including budget development and expense management. Special projects include maintaining leases, allocating office space, office renovations, build-outs, office moves, local contract negotiations as needed and other projects.
The Business Manager is also responsible for the full-life cycle of HR generalist activities under the direction of Human Resources and the Legal Recruiting Director. This position serves as a resource to managers, supervisors and employees on all human resource related activities, including performance and behavioral issues and acts as the lead liaison with the Office Managing Partner, and others in management and administrative departments.
A Bachelor’s Degree in a professional discipline such as Accounting, Finance, HR or Business Administration or equivalent experience and at least five years’ experience working in a supervisory/managerial role required. Previous law firm or service environment experience is required. Basic understanding of state and local human resource rules, regulations and requirements essential. To apply, please visit our application portal by clicking on the following link:
Business Developer – Posted April 2017
Do you want to be part of a team invested in your success with unlimited growth potential? Do you consider yourself motivated, innovative and career driven? Do you have the maturity and insight to work directly with firm partners who are highly sought after within multiple industries?
The Mercadien Group, a highly regarded and dynamic professional services firm, has an immediate opening for a Business Developer to become part of their growing team. This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated team player with a passion for client service who is looking to develop their career. The Business Developer is a strategic, highly self-motivated individual reporting directly to the CEO. The ideal candidate has strong, polished relationship building skills. They are expected to have flexibility with time and travel commitments, must have a winning attitude, existing contacts in the business community, thrive on success and be willing to “go the extra mile” to drive growth.
– 7+ years of CPA industry/professional service firm experience with a proven track record of success of closing new business
– Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting
– CPA, MBA, CFP or other relevant credentials are a plus
– Highly effective oral and written communication skills
– Track record of business development success, preferably in a professional services environment
– Demonstrate competent and highly ethical behaviors
– Maintain a courteous, positive, cooperative and professional attitude
– Meet assigned sales goals for bringing in new business to the firm
– Actively drive growth activities with leadership team
– Research, gather and communicate data on market trends, opportunities and potential new verticals to CEO
– Develop and maintain a strong business network, and generate new business through relationship marketing, seminar or tradeshow participation and networking in the local community
– Cross refer leads to Mercadien Technologies and Mercadien Asset Management
– Facilitate annual executive debriefing on firm-wide wins and losses, and opportunity origination
– Co-develop go-to-market business plans for the Banking, Litigation Support and Private Company Niches with business practice leaders
– Be an active member of approximately 15 trade associations relating to Banking, Construction, Litigation Support and Commercial niches.
– Lead and facilitate the internal Rainmakers, Drizzle and Niche Council Programs
– Lead Mercadien’s Growth Committee
How to Apply
If you are seeking professional growth and fulfillment with a firm who values and invests in its associates submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This is an opportunity to gain valuable insight and experience with a leader in the accounting profession, dedicated to success and Leading by Example. The Mercadien Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Mercadien Group – A family of companies created to serve the diverse and sophisticated needs of clients in a capacity greater than any single organization can offer. Comprised of several distinct entities, the firm provides accounting, consulting, technology, and wealth management services. A team of trusted advisors working together, The Mercadien Group shares a broad knowledge base and creates seamless solutions that meet clients’ personal and business objectives.
Mercadien is dedicated to its associates and their professional development. We offer programs to help each individual reach their goals, such as educational and certification reimbursement, mentoring programs and an open door policy which affords access to our elite partner group and their knowledge and experiences.
Our salaries and bonus programs are highly competitive, along with benefits that include medical and dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, 401K, cafeteria plan and excellent vacation and holiday paid time off benefits.
For more information, visit our website at www.mercadien.com
The Mercadien Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
To all recruitment agencies: The Mercadien Group does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, Mercadien employees or any other company location. The Mercadien Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.