Job postings are complimentary for members of the NJALA. The charge for non-member firms is $250.00. Payment in advance is required for non-member firms and the check should be sent to the Secretary directly. Job descriptions should be limited to 200 words or less and should be submitted by e-mail as an attached Word document. While we try to post openings as soon as possible, they may take several days to get posted.
If you have a listing to add, please email it to the Secretary and he/she will send the posting to the NJALA member list and forward it to the Webmaster for posting on the Website. Please check the Officer listing on the Website for the persons currently holding these positions.
Cole Schotz P.C.
Position: Chief Financial Officer
Regional law firm with multiple offices seeks a Chief Financial Officer in our New Jersey
headquarters. The position offers the opportunity to play a critical role in driving strategic
growth. Responsibilities include directing the firm’s financial and accounting functions as well
as managing and developing relationships with lending institutions, business partners, and the
The CFO reports to the Administrative Shareholder and to the Management and Finance
Education and Experience: CPA and/or MBA with a minimum of ten years of operational and
financial leadership experience, preferably with a professional services firm.
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Analysis & Communication: Ability to analyze and interpret variety of technical,
mathematical and abstract concepts. Ability to effectively communicate information
through financial reporting, business correspondence, and response to inquiries from all
- Knowledge of Spreadsheet software; Accounting software; Budgeting software;
Payroll/HRIS; Project Management software; Presentation software; Word Processing
software and Database software.
We offer a competitive starting salary and a comprehensive benefits program. Please e-mail
resume for consideration to:
Gayle P. Englert
Chief Human Resources Officer
Cole Schotz P.C.
Court Plaza North
25 Main Street, P.O. Box 800
Hackensack, NJ 07602-0800
Please visit us at our website: www.coleschotz.com
NEW JERSEY/ NEW YORK/ DELAWARE/ MARYLAND/ TEXAS/ FLORIDA
Cole Schotz is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ceconi & Cheifetz, LLC
Position: Assistant/Office Manager
Established Summit family law firm seeks assistant/office manager for managing partner. Must have experience with superior managerial, secretarial, communication, scheduling, and organizational skills. Excellent salary; upon qualification, benefits include medical, pension program participation, year-end bonus, vacation and holidays. Email resume to email@example.com.
Parker Ibrahim & Berg
Position: Billing Manager
This position is primarily responsible for all phases of the Firm’s billing by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities, among others, include the following:
- Monitor daily activities of the billing department to ensure productivity;
- Supervise all billing personnel;
- Communicate with e-billing vendors regarding invoice file errors, investigate and resolve rejected invoices;
- Meet with Director of Administration and Partners to discuss billing, outstanding account receivables and unbilled balances;
- Enforce client billing guidelines as required by the Firm;
- Ensure billing staff is current with billing policy, procedures and training;
- Prepare reports detailing outstanding invoices, unbilled balances, payments, collections and credit balances;
- Increase billing accuracy, resolve disputed items, and minimize write-offs;
- Analyze and resolve billing issues arising for clients and attorneys;
- Establishing controls and ensuring the quality and integrity of the billing process;
- Exercise good judgment and decision making;
- Must maintain good working relationship with staff attorneys and clients;
- Analyze complex problems and recommend and/or implement solutions;
- Ability to work under pressure and balance multiple, competing priorities; and
- Analyze deductions and work with staff and attorneys to process appeals.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Prior law firm Billing Manager is required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Superior attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload and projects; and
- The ability to exercise independent judgment, and to work with and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
Supervise billing department staff.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year university; Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience; and Electronic billing experience a plus.
Must be proficient in MS Office programs; Advanced Excel skills; and Strong understanding of law firm billing/accounting software.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a current resume and a cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Billing Manager
Reports to: Director of Billing
Location: Somerset, NJ
Position Type: Full-time Permanent Position
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
It is Parker Ibrahim & Berg’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic information, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
McManimon Scotland & Baumann, LLC is seeking a Controller
Growing New Jersey-based mid-sized law firm is seeking a Controller with hands-on experience to play a key role working with senior management on the development and implementation of strategic growth initiatives while ensuring that the Company is on-track to deliver against key plan objectives and financial targets.
This position will have primary day-to-day responsibilities for planning, managing and controlling all financial, operational and business development-related activities. These include creating and executing near and long-term budgets, financial and strategic plans, overseeing and managing daily tasks for accounting, finance, business analysis & reporting, forecasting, and purchasing.
- Manage accounting and billing functions, including preparation of General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Institute a system of internal controls to safeguard the company’s assets and ensuring accurate processing of transactions, managing tax and audit functions
- Prepare Monthly financial statements
- Reviewing Payroll and payroll taxes (through ADP)
- Curate Retirement Plans and maintain compliance
- Interface with Insurance providers
- Quarterly State Disability Payment
- Quarterly Estimated Taxes – NYC Corporate Taxes
- Commercial Rent Tax
- IOLA/Escrow Accounts
- Bank reconciliations
- Cost controls
- Negotiation of service contracts with vendors
- Review and post monthly client invoices
- Review daily cash balances
- Benefits Administrator – 401(k), Major Medical (POP) and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Prepare escrow 1099’s at end of year
- Ultimate responsibility and oversight of the general and timely closing process for the purpose of monthly financial reporting.
- Review of all reconciliations (bank, detail accounts receivable and detail accounts payable to general ledger control accounts) to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Identify accounting issues as they arise, planning and preparation of the appropriate course of resolution encompassing effective utilization of outside professional support.
- Adopt and maintain a Company tailored budget and profit planning system by establishing principles and procedures for departmental budgeting including variance reporting on a frequent and timely basis.
- Proper filing and payment of taxes.
- Identify logical strategic acquisitions or joint venture partners.
- Monitor account receivable dilution and recommend methods of reducing such charges.
Accounting and Finance
- Properly staff and supervise department so that individuals are capable of duties assigned to them.
- Provide professional leadership that fosters staff development, including but not limited to, timely feedback and formal evaluations.
- Maintain and monitor an effective and sound internal control system within the department, while making appropriate modifications as deemed necessary.
- Establish and forge professional relationships with Officers’ of the Company’s lender, providing them with financial information as required and negotiating terms of all agreements.
- Monitor and perform cash management functions to maximize and yield the greatest return on assets, while assuring the Company meets the required cash needs.
- Compute daily loan availability.
Interaction with External Accountants
- Coordination with the external accountants to ensure that preparation and gathering of all appropriate documentation is complete prior to the commencement of year-end reviews, as well as the annual corporate income tax returns.
- Regular communication and correspondence with the external accountants.
Executive Management Functions
- Participate in management meetings and function as the voice of reason from the financial perspective.
- Lead staff meetings for positive interaction between departments.
- Perform due diligence and other analysis as required for proposed mergers, acquisitions, contracts and other contemplated transactions.
- Responsible for integration of acquired firms.
- Continuous resource for reducing costs and increasing operating efficiencies.
- Develop solid levels of communication with software developer/seller while obtaining a good working knowledge understanding of the processing of transactions.
- Coordinate the interaction between the system users and the information technology department to ensure support for the staff.
- Continuously expand applications of information technology and systems to enhance operating efficiencies.
- BS degree in Accounting; CPA a +
- 5-7 years of experience in a reputable Public Accounting Firm
- 5-7 years of work experience as Controller in a law firm or other professional service firm
- Proficiency with Elite, QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proactive, confident decision-maker
- Excellent organizational skills
- “Hands on” with extraordinary attention to detail
- Leadership ability and able to mentor those in accounting and administrative positions
- Salary based on relevant experience, expertise and accomplishments
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Bonus Eligible
In order to be considered for the position, please send your resume and salary requirements in confidence to email@example.com. Please refer to ID # NJLAW. Do not respond directly to the client.
Part-Time Bookkeeper Job Description
Personal injury law firm, with its primary office in New Brunswick, New Jersey, is seeking a part-time bookkeeper to join its team.
This position is responsible for the organization and administration of the firm’s billing and accounting procedures. Though under the oversight of the Firm Administrator, this role must work independently, exercise proper judgment and maintain strict confidences at all times.
Essential functions include preparation of settlement statements and settlement checks; handling of incoming checks, inclusive of bank deposits; preparation of vendor checks; tracking of filing fees; preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports, e.g., budgets, as well as ad hoc reports upon request; bank reconciliations, inclusive of compliance with all applicable legal statutes; management of attorney credit card accounts and business line of credit; tracking of attorney 401(k) contributions; coordination of tax filings with accountant; and other financial duties as assigned.
Candidates must have a minimum of an associate’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration and management or another comparable field of study; minimum of five (5) years’ law firm experience, preferably in a personal injury practice; exceptional working knowledge of QuickBooks; experience with at least one (1) document management program, preferably Clio; strong working knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, as well as the computer in general; and superior communication skills. A keen attention to detail and organization is necessary, as is responsiveness, follow-through and accuracy with regard to all assignments.
This is an immediate opening for the qualified individual. Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary range/requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PORZIO BROMBERG & NEWMAN P.C
Marketing Technology Senior Specialist
The Marketing Technology Senior Specialist plans and executes assignments and projects related to administration and maintenance of the firm websites, email campaigns, webinars, social media presence and Client Relationship Management (CRM) systems. This position works as a liaison with Business Development and Marketing Team members and IT to perform a variety of audit and data quality assurance tasks to ensure accurate and prompt entry and reporting of marketing data. This position requires a strong interest in pursuing new technology, process improvement and best practices using existing resources, and making recommendations for the implementation of new resources.
This position requires strong communication, critical quick-thinking and attention to detail. The candidate must be able to handle the demands and pressures of a fast paced environment and have the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously. It is expected that the candidate is technically savvy and detail oriented. The candidate must be able to work independently and collaboratively with others
in a team-oriented environment. He/she will need strong client service orientation and exceptional time
management skills. This role works as part of a firm wide team, reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer.
LOCATION: Morristown, NJ STATUS: Non-Exempt
Website, Social Media, Email Marketing, and Data Management Systems
- Manage all marketing technology systems, make recommendations to CMO for new technology and process, and project manage implementation of new technology across the department.
- Project manage and coordinate email campaigns related to firm events and assist in establishing processes and best practices for the department.
- Serve as point person for the development of a new firm website(s), and serve as project manager for the overall project.
- Monitor and report on analytics of email campaigns and social media posts.
- Post content for website, blogs, social media channels, and client alerts.
- Develop and execute the firm’s social media plan, including creation of simple graphics.
- Generate and review scheduled audits to ensure quality and accuracy of reportable data.
- Create graphics and templates for social media campaigns.
- Design templates for use by others including PowerPoint, emails, and presentation materials.
- Research and provide recommendations to keep the firm’s presentations technically advanced.
- Layout and distribute firm newsletters and alerts.
- Manage and resolve bounce back emails and general inbox inquiries from recipients.
General Administrative Duties
- Assist as needed in client development support for all practices within the firm, including research, tracking of activities, and updating of marketing materials.
- Assist with graphics and design work as necessary.
This role will include miscellaneous tasks, duties, and responsibilities as assigned. SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Positive attitude (approachable, courteous, respectful) and ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Demonstrates initiative and can work independently.
- Technology Ninja with the ability and desire to learn new technology concepts and skills quickly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Expert troubleshooting skills with clear ability to prioritize and resolve issues in a timely and thorough manner.
- Ability to handle confidential information. REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience (legal industry or similar professional services environment preferred).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite InDesign, Photoshop, HTML, or other layout / graphics services a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current marketing technology including CRM applications, marketing automation technologies, email marketing systems, and website/CMS systems.
- Law firm experience is preferred
About Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C.
Porzio is a full service corporate law firm with approximately 90 lawyers in 6 offices. The firm is headquartered in Morristown, New Jersey. The Porzio family of companies includes the law firm and three subsidiary companies, Porzio Life Sciences, LLC, Porzio Governmental Affairs, LLC, and Porzio Compliance Services, LLC. Founded in 1962, Porzio is committed to serving clients, providing high quality work, and achieving results. Porzio provides a broad array of litigation, corporate, transactional and counseling services to clients ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to middle market businesses and public entities.
Porzio is are an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.