ABOUT JOB POSTINGS
Job postings are complimentary for members of the NJALA. The charge for non-member firms is $250.00. Payment in advance is required for non-member firms and the check should be sent to the Secretary directly. Job descriptions should be limited to 200 words or less and should be submitted by e-mail as an attached Word document. While we try to post openings as soon as possible, they may take several days to get posted.
If you have a listing to add, please email it to the Secretary and he/she will send the posting to the NJALA member list and forward it to the Webmaster for posting on the Website. Please check the Officer listing on the Website for the persons currently holding these positions.
Legal Administrator/Chief Operating Officer – Posted August 2017
Director of Finance and Administration – Posted August 2017
Mid-Size Northern New Jersey Law Firm is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration. Accounting degree and familiarity with Health Care Benefits, Human Resources and Law Firm Computer Programs are essential.
Please submit resume and salary requirements in strict confidence to:
Accounting Manager – Posted August 2017
The West Orange, New Jersey office of Trenk DiPasquale, Della Fera & Sodono, P.C. has an immediate opening for an experienced accounting manager.
Description of position: The firm is seeking a candidate with 10 plus years of accounting experience primarily with small businesses, specifically law firms. This person is expected to have superior organizational skills in order to supervise the accounting operations for the law firm.
• Manage the processes required to provide accurate and timely financial reporting to the partners
• Direct and/or perform A/P, A/R, Payroll, HR, Tax (deposits and reporting) functions, and managing accounting office staff
• Maintain adherence to company policies, practices, and procedures
• Review processes to insure proper checks and balances of the Accounting Department
• Conduct all banking functions including the monthly reconciliation of all accounts.
• Supervise and maintain controls
Required experience and skills:
• Accounting: 10 years
• Prior law firm experience (preferred)
• LMS (preferred)
• TAME (preferred)
• Netdocs (preferred)
Required license or certification: CPA (preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
To be considered for this full time position, please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. No telephone calls. Principals only.
Legal Administrator – Posted August 2017
Summary of Responsibilities: Manages the business functions as well as the overall administration and operations of a family law firm in Hackensack. Reports to the managing partner/owner of the firm. Assumes general responsibility for facilities management, financial planning and controls, personnel management and administration, and IT when needed. The legal administrator identifies and plans for the changing needs of the organization, shares responsibility with the owner for strategic planning, practice management and marketing, and contributes to the cost effective management throughout the organization.
Specific Job Duties Include:
• Participate in strategic and business planning
• Implement, update, and oversee office policy and procedures
• Extensive vendor research & negotiations
• Manage/develop the administrative staff to ensure high quality administrative support
• Supervise workflow and daily coverage for administrative staff
• Provide employee services including Benefits administration, Personnel management Including attendance and performance oversight
• Monitor, record and report continuing legal education (CLE) credits to ensure compliance with state bar requirements for attorneys
• Administer all professional memberships and liability insurance requirements
• Assist with recruiting, hiring, and orientation of new staff members
• Scheduling and maintaining owners business conferences, speaking engagements
• Oversee facilities/office maintenance, including IT services
• Manage all office support services (reception, mail distribution, fax, and copier)
• Purchase office supplies and furniture
• Manage monthly bill paying
• Assist Owner in closing cases
• Misc. other projects assigned by owner
• Up to ½ time as backup for phones & administrative work for Receptionist & Legal Assistant.
Education & Experience: MUST have prior experience specifically in a law firm as legal administrator for at least 2+ years. Strong communication skills, decisiveness, and analytical/problem solving skills. At least a Bachelor’s degree preferred. Certified Legal Administrator/Manager designation ideal.
Salary/Benefits: Competitive DOE.
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions will be held in the strictest of confidence. Also, please spell your name backwards in the body of your email.
*DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE QUALIFICATIONS LISTED HERE.
NY Office Manager – Posted August 2017
Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, P.A. – The Manager of the New York City office of our New Jersey based, 100+ attorney law firm will be responsible for overseeing all office/building services and administrative functions. Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are essential for responsibilities including managing day to day operations, staff and workflow; scheduling, coordinating training, enforcing firm policies and procedures; collaborating with the NY Administrative Attorney and partnering with other Managers and the NJ HR/Benefits and Payroll Department.
We are seeking an experienced professional with a minimum of 5 years’ office management experience, preferably in a mid-size business and/or professional services industry, with excellent people and problem solving skills that can work independently and be an effective team player in our 45 person office. Must be service and detail-oriented and able to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously; perform well under pressure; thrive in a fast paced environment and have experience and comfort in handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
A bachelor’s degree is preferred. Law Firm experience a plus. Send resume with salary requirements to email@example.com.