Job postings are complimentary for members of the NJALA. The charge for non-member firms is $250.00. Payment in advance is required for non-member firms and the check should be sent to the Secretary directly. Job descriptions should be limited to 200 words or less and should be submitted by e-mail as an attached Word document. While we try to post openings as soon as possible, they may take several days to get posted.
If you have a listing to add, please email it to the Secretary and he/she will send the posting to the NJALA member list and forward it to the Webmaster for posting on the Website. Please check the Officer listing on the Website for the persons currently holding these positions.
McManimon Scotland & Baumann, LLC is seeking a Controller
Growing New Jersey-based mid-sized law firm is seeking a Controller with hands-on experience to play a key role working with senior management on the development and implementation of strategic growth initiatives while ensuring that the Company is on-track to deliver against key plan objectives and financial targets.
This position will have primary day-to-day responsibilities for planning, managing and controlling all financial, operational and business development-related activities. These include creating and executing near and long-term budgets, financial and strategic plans, overseeing and managing daily tasks for accounting, finance, business analysis & reporting, forecasting, and purchasing.
- Manage accounting and billing functions, including preparation of General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Institute a system of internal controls to safeguard the company’s assets and ensuring accurate processing of transactions, managing tax and audit functions
- Prepare Monthly financial statements
- Reviewing Payroll and payroll taxes (through ADP)
- Curate Retirement Plans and maintain compliance
- Interface with Insurance providers
- Quarterly State Disability Payment
- Quarterly Estimated Taxes – NYC Corporate Taxes
- Commercial Rent Tax
- IOLA/Escrow Accounts
- Bank reconciliations
- Cost controls
- Negotiation of service contracts with vendors
- Review and post monthly client invoices
- Review daily cash balances
- Benefits Administrator – 401(k), Major Medical (POP) and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Prepare escrow 1099’s at end of year
- Ultimate responsibility and oversight of the general and timely closing process for the purpose of monthly financial reporting.
- Review of all reconciliations (bank, detail accounts receivable and detail accounts payable to general ledger control accounts) to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Identify accounting issues as they arise, planning and preparation of the appropriate course of resolution encompassing effective utilization of outside professional support.
- Adopt and maintain a Company tailored budget and profit planning system by establishing principles and procedures for departmental budgeting including variance reporting on a frequent and timely basis.
- Proper filing and payment of taxes.
- Identify logical strategic acquisitions or joint venture partners.
- Monitor account receivable dilution and recommend methods of reducing such charges.
Accounting and Finance
- Properly staff and supervise department so that individuals are capable of duties assigned to them.
- Provide professional leadership that fosters staff development, including but not limited to, timely feedback and formal evaluations.
- Maintain and monitor an effective and sound internal control system within the department, while making appropriate modifications as deemed necessary.
- Establish and forge professional relationships with Officers’ of the Company’s lender, providing them with financial information as required and negotiating terms of all agreements.
- Monitor and perform cash management functions to maximize and yield the greatest return on assets, while assuring the Company meets the required cash needs.
- Compute daily loan availability.
Interaction with External Accountants
- Coordination with the external accountants to ensure that preparation and gathering of all appropriate documentation is complete prior to the commencement of year-end reviews, as well as the annual corporate income tax returns.
- Regular communication and correspondence with the external accountants.
Executive Management Functions
- Participate in management meetings and function as the voice of reason from the financial perspective.
- Lead staff meetings for positive interaction between departments.
- Perform due diligence and other analysis as required for proposed mergers, acquisitions, contracts and other contemplated transactions.
- Responsible for integration of acquired firms.
- Continuous resource for reducing costs and increasing operating efficiencies.
- Develop solid levels of communication with software developer/seller while obtaining a good working knowledge understanding of the processing of transactions.
- Coordinate the interaction between the system users and the information technology department to ensure support for the staff.
- Continuously expand applications of information technology and systems to enhance operating efficiencies.
- BS degree in Accounting; CPA a +
- 5-7 years of experience in a reputable Public Accounting Firm
- 5-7 years of work experience as Controller in a law firm or other professional service firm
- Proficiency with Elite, QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proactive, confident decision-maker
- Excellent organizational skills
- “Hands on” with extraordinary attention to detail
- Leadership ability and able to mentor those in accounting and administrative positions
- Salary based on relevant experience, expertise and accomplishments
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Bonus Eligible
In order to be considered for the position, please send your resume and salary requirements in confidence to email@example.com. Please refer to ID # NJLAW. Do not respond directly to the client.
Bookkeeper/Operations Assistant – Posted January 2018
Red Bank Law Firm
Red Bank, NJ 0770l
Position requires working on LexisNexis PC Law Billing and Accounting Software to manage case listings, attorney bill rates, record expenses, create and review monthly invoices for attorneys, handle accounts receivable and accounts payable, prepare bank deposits and other related duties. Other duties include ordering office supplies, dealing with vendors, filing, opening and closing files, and assisting office manager.
WILL TRAIN. PC Law is user friendly.
Salary commensurate with qualifications
Pleasant working environment with onsite parking and congenial staff
- Accounting or Bookkeeping Experience
- High degree of computer literacy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Strong English language writing and proofreading skills
- PC Law or comparable legal software experience a plus
- Recent NJ work experience with a Law Firm or Accounting firm a plus
Submit a cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Payroll and Benefits Coordinator – Posted January 2018
Cole Schotz P.C., a regional law firm with multiple offices, seeks a Payroll and Benefits Coordinator in our New Jersey headquarters. Duties include but are not limited to: processing semi-monthly payrolls in ADP, including overtime calculations; prepare bonus calculations; provide employee benefits counseling; review monthly premium statement calculations for medical and life insurers; maintain ongoing relationships with insurance companies and brokers to effectuate new enrollments and resolve issues; reconcile bank accounts; assist the Chief Accounting Officer
and the Chief Human Resource Officer with special projects, salary survey analyses, various other reports and new employee orientation. Strong academic credentials and excellent oral and
written communication skills are required. We offer a competitive starting salary and a comprehensive benefits program. Please e-mail resume for consideration to:
Gayle P. Englert
Chief Human Resources Officer
Cole Schotz P.C.
Court Plaza North
25 Main Street, P.O. Box 800
Hackensack, NJ 07602-0800
Please visit us at our website. www.coleschotz.com
NEW JERSEY/ NEW YORK/ DELAWARE/ MARYLAND/ TEXAS/ FLORIDA
Cole Schotz is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Director of Marketing – Posted January 2018
Stark & Stark, P.C. – Lawrenceville, NJ.
Stark & Stark, a regional law firm headquartered in Lawrenceville, NJ, seeks a creative and energetic Director of Marketing to head up its Marketing Department.
Overall responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of marketing, advertising and public relations;
- Leadership of a dedicated team of marketing professionals;
- Working with attorneys to develop and implement practice-wide and attorney-specific business development plans;
- Identifying and leveraging opportunities to target prospective clients, including, but not limited to social media, writing opportunities, seminars and education, community service, and advertising;
- Analysis of and reporting on marketing initiatives.
- Budget tracking and reporting.
Required of the candidate:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as a marketing leader in a professional services firm;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Collaborative, creative, and outgoing personality willing to take on new challenges;
- Deep experience measuring and evaluating marketing initiatives (both B2B and B2C strategies);
- Demonstrated ability to building a strong, cohesive branding strategy across all marketing/advertising channels;
- Strong technical skills and a willingness to work with multiple software tools to facilitate analysis;
- A four-year college degree, preferably in business or marketing. An MBA or equivalent advanced degree in marketing or business is preferred.
Click here to apply.